Tuesday, May 10, 2005

 

The First Post

This is the first post for 70's English Progressive Rock. So here we go...

Back in 1999 I started my first online radio station, thanks to Live365.com . For the last 5 and a 1/2 years I've had this crappy web site that had lots of info and little style. I just don't have time to create wonderful web sites. And now there are blogs and it is time to start doing it at least better if not great. So here we are. At the minimum, this site will show all additions to my station. I also will put in the few concert reviews that fit this site. Hopefully, I will find the time and a way to move all of the info from my other web site over here. I will always keep a link to that site. Also, if you like new music performed by singer/songwriters and people like Bruce Springsteen, Bob Schneider and Patty Griffin, check out The Promise.

So, what is 70's English Progressive? Good question. Even I am not totally sure. When I was younger, lots of people thought groups like Rush were progressive rock. That isn't what I listened to, and that is not what you will hear on this stream. I am trying to re-create the experience I had in college radio back in the 70's. Of course we played pre-Gabriel Genesis and early Supertramp (groups you should know). But we also played Van der Graaf Generator and Gentle Giant and Caravan (groups I hope you know). Then there were the bands that had trouble fitting. Were The Strawbs a progressive folk band or just an electric folk band or what? Doesn't matter. They fit. As does Steeleye Span and John Martyn and Be Bop Deluxe and Roxy Music. These are just a handful of the band we were playing and the artists you will hear on my stream.

So please, if you made it this far, check out the stream and if you're old enough, check out my old web site and stroll down memory lane as you read the names of many of the bands that are on this stream.

Thanks for tuning in,

bruce

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?